[GeoStL] Re: New Garmin Units

  • From: Sara Carter <beancounter2b@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 17:36:15 -0700 (PDT)

Somehow I missed you're software message, I'll have to go look it up in the
archive.

Jim Bensman <jbensman1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:v\:*
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}w\:*
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}st2\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui)
}st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }
When the IQue came out, I seriously thought about it.  But I decided not to as
I want a more rugged GPS that is waterproof.  I?d think the IQue would be fine
in the car and nice weather for 1/1 caches, but I would not want it for
anything else.

While I have only had my 60CS for 2 days, I am very impressed with it and
highly recommend it.  I like how it will do street routing, but it will not
replace my laptop for navigating to caches.

So I recommend the 60CS and a PDA.  If you do not have a laptop, the 60CS
should do a fairly good job getting you to the caches.

The only problem with the 60CS has been compatability with software.  (See the
message I sent yesterday for more details.)

And don?t forget Brawny won the powerball!

Jim Bensman
"Nature Bats Last"