[GeoStL] Re: New Garmin Units

  • From: Sara Carter <beancounter2b@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 17:29:15 -0700 (PDT)

Rich I was hoping for lots of replies, that's why I asked it here.

I don't have a PDA right now and while it would be nice to go paperless
eventually I'm not in a super big hurry for it.  The IQue is also palm OS and
most of the people that I've talked to tend to feel the PocketPC is easier to
use (I know some here disagree).  And you're probably right about breaking it
knocking out both parts, probably not a great thought with a 4 year old monster
(granted she doesn't cache with me often.)

GC-RGS <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sara,

Not owning either it's hard to say for sure but here's my take.

The IQ is an expensive PDA and GPS in one ($550) but I hear battery life is
very short, like several hours. Also, if you'd break it, that would probably
knock out both features.

Where as if you already own a PDA, you can save some $$'s buying just the GPS.
If you  need a PDA too, it leaves you with lot's of options such as PPC or
Palm, wireless or bluetooth, $100 to $600 cost range, etc.

Still, you need to decide if you want to carry just one gadget or 2.

I'm sure you'll get LOT'S of replies on this one.

Rich