[STL Geocaching] Re: New Friends

  • From: "Bruce S" <bruces1321@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 11:02:53 -0600

Reference PVT Snuffy... I modified the directions with one minor change I think last week. Make sure you use the current intructions. Only modified the offset slightly. I reran the numbers with 2 mapping programs and made the change. It will match up closely with the calculations Mean Gene made when he found the cache. Note this is one of the more difficult caches to figure in the area. I will be placing another challenging one soon and it will have 5 parts but the math for it will be quite simple.

Bruce

From: Pam Ueltzen <pamela.ueltzen@xxxxxxxx>
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [STL Geocaching] Re: New Friends
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:53:29 -0600

Hey spinner -

Maybe I should get Tim to communicate with you as he is having trouble with
Private Snuffy's Box as well. He thinks he has it figured out now but we
haven't made it back there to check. We might make it this weekend. I will
let you know if he really has it figured out.

-----Original Message----- From: geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of BEDenney@xxxxxxx Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2002 10:38 AM To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [STL Geocaching] Re: New Friends

Dan,

Well have I got a deal for you, are running the palm platform on the visor?
(you better be)  I use a Magellan attachement for a Palm Vx.  I have a boat
load of software that does all kinds of conversions, tracking, mapping, and
just about anything you can think of (except Private Snuffy's Box is still
giving me a fit.)  Give my your email and I will send you my favorite
program
that I use to geocache.  Its shareware and freeware so its all legit.  When
got the attachment, it had a nice mapping program, but nowhere in there
software would it give you a simple Longitude-Lattitude.  So I am always on
the lookout for programs.

P.S. dont let it known outside of the St. Louis Circle, but i have been
working on a palm application that is specific to Geocaching, including
direct cache database loading by area using avant-go.  (I still have some
coding to do with the GPS attachement signal to figure out)

Spinner
BEDenney@xxxxxxx
Our WebPage!   //www.freelists.org/webpage/geocaching
Mail List & Archive Info.
Environmental msg. of the day, "Save the spotted Cow"

Our WebPage!   //www.freelists.org/webpage/geocaching
Mail List & Archive Info.
Environmental msg. of the day, "Save the spotted Cow"

Our WebPage! //www.freelists.org/webpage/geocaching
Mail List & Archive Info. //www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/list?list_id=geocaching
Environmental msg. of the day, "Save the spotted Cow"