[GeoStL] (NGR) Need landscaping help/input/suggestions

  • From: LuAnn <luigilula@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 21:05:45 -0700 (PDT)

Ok,  I have put this off for way too long.  I have agonized over what to put
where, what if it dies...what if, what if....ad infinitum.

  My first area is a west facing wall that is about 50 ft in total length.  The
siding is light tan and this part of the house takes a lot of heat and sun even
though there are 3 Sweet Gum trees .     There is one window ..no 2..but one is
a bedroom & the other is just a window onto the carport.   That one doesn't
matter.    The bedroom window is about halfway.

  I think it needs some more sun blockage/shade.  Plus some color and I'd like
some ornamental grass somewhere.  So what I looked at was an Arbor Vitae, some
plant that looked like lavander but I think was some sort of , well I don't
remember but heat tolerant, and grasses.  Then some landscape stone edging and
mulch.

  My problem area is that the wall isn't even...the carport add on is about 3
feet wider...

_________________|window|____________South
                                                         |  xxxx
                                                         |xxxx
  West                                                   ^  that spot in there
is under an eave

  So...help me out! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  I took some pictures that I can add later if anyone has a suggestion or would
like to see it.
  Thanks!!!!

LuAnn