[GeoStL] Re: NEED HELP! Errant cacher being annoying...

  • From: Jack Anderson <pandyandy3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 13:39:56 -0700 (PDT)

The only time that I get upset is if they log a find and claim something is
wrong with the cache like a full log sheet and it makes me go out to repair it
and I find that the log sheet is still 3/4 empty and their name is not on it
then I email them back about it, other than that I go along with Jim and say
don't sweat it, they are only lying to themselves.

thejones crew <shitsngrins@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:       .hmmessage P  {
margin:0px;  padding:0px  }  body.hmmessage  {  FONT-SIZE: 10pt;
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma  }    Can you ask them to give specific details to prove
they were at the cache. There have been some caches that we went to that for
one reason or another I didn't sign the log. In that case I have always emailed
the owner as many details as I could about the cache.

---------------------------------
  Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 13:53:53 -0500
From: jimsgreene@xxxxxxxxx
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: NEED HELP! Errant cacher being annoying...

Personally, I wouldn't sweat it too much, they aren't hurting anyone but
themselves. Just ignore them & they will get tired of it eventually. Are you
sure there isn't a good reason for it, like both arms in a cast? :)

Strider

  On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 1:17 PM, Michael Rogers <mrogers07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
  -
Hey all...

I need help.

For a little while there has been a cacher that has
come to some of my caches and has logged finds on
them. On some, however, s/he has logged with a simple
"found" or in some cases a single letter. I was
notified a while ago that he logged two of my caches
(GC13FYQ & GC10AT0) as "found" today. I went to check
on them and there was no signature at all by this
person.

I have sent this person two emails letting them know I
did not allow online logs without a signature and they
have so far been ignored. On one of the caches I
listed above I have deleted the bogus log twice. Now,
I know this person has found some of mine and I am
happy for that but this is getting quite annoying.

What can I do? Ideas? Advice?