[GeoStL] Missouri Department of Conservation

  • From: "Jen" <justjen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 14:41:36 -0600

-
I have discovered today the the MO Department of Conservation is extremely
split on whether or not to let caching in conservation areas.

Last week I was in Sullivan and stopped in at the office there.  I mentioned
what I was wanting to do and was told I needed to speak to a certain lady
that was over that conservation area.  She didn't have any problems with
hiding a cache since she said that there were no rules against it.  (this
conclusion she came to after spending 10 mins. looking through a regulation
book while I stood there)   She controls parts of Franklin County and
Washington County, the way it was written she controls south of I-44
Washington and Franklin.

So I was wanting to hide a cache also in Crawford County.  However a totally
differant person is in control there.  That persons idea on caching was
totally differant than the lady I spoke with.  He controls Crawford County
and N of  I-44 in Franklin County.  I was told by this gentleman that hiding
caches was still in discussion and they had not come to a conclusion on it
yet.  And in no short terms to not put caches in his conservation areas.

Has anybody else ran into such differances in opinion?  Especially in areas
that close together?

These people work out of the same office in Sullivan and have such a
differant opinion.

Jen

JustJen & Matt

Subject field