[GeoStL] Re: Missouri Department of Conservation

  • From: "M. Bollinger" <lazylightning3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 10:52:07 -0800 (PST)

-
The problem with the Dept of Conservation is that they
are unaccountable to anyone. They have no legislative
oversight and are run by unelected individuals. They
are the best funded Departement (and they are not
really even a department) in the State and their 1/2
cent sales tax has no sunset.  Why should they worry
about what anyone thinks or says.

I could really go on a rant over MDC but I will spare
everyone that.  I've tried and tried with the Columbia
and Jeff City office but have always been stonewalled,
they won't allow it.  You see, it's not the public's
land, it belongs to them.

Subject field