[GeoStL] Re: Michigan and SLAGA Forums

  • From: Greg Ponder <thehairyhillbilly@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 11:10:51 -0700 (PDT)

-
I hope that the US Fish and Wildlife funding threat is a ploy, but I've got
problems with the lie part of it. But I guess this one hits home for me and my
purpose of geocaching. Geocaching fits perfectly with remote areas. Placing
coordinates to a cache in the middle of Rockpile Wilderness or Cowards Hollow
gives people incentive to find, explore, and enjoy these areas. These are
places that you would probably not know about otherwise--or visit without the
extra enticement of a geocache. And the US Fish and Wildlife, the US Forest
Service, the Missouri DNR (pick a government agency, it doesn't matter) should
applaud the efforts of *common* citizens who are trying to let people know
about these special, scenic spots--not tie their hands with (over) regulation.
Hairy aka The Anarchist Hillbilly (I've got to go now. My moonshinin' still is
about to bubble over--can't afford to waste any of my special White Lightnin')

Mike Griffin <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:-

Greg,

If it is there rules that we
stay out of Wilderness and Conservation areas, then that is what we must do.
Otherwise, we would be out of state parks as well. Soon everyone will follow
and we will have all virtuals.

I think that the US Funding part is a ploy to keep people out of areas that
they were told was off limits anyhow.
Mike