[GeoStL] Re: Handheld PDA's

  • From: "Rob MacMorran" <dewzenol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 17:53:48 -0500

-

If you want a Windows based PDA, check out the Dell Axim.  I bought one
recently for $199 (Dell sells them for $350!!)  and I love it.  It can handle
SecureDigital memory, compactflash memory, and compactflash network and GPS
cards.  It is a lot more flexible than Palm (IMHO) since its operating system
is kin to that in most desktops.

Anyway, you can still get them (refurbished) from CompGeeks.com.
here's the 400mhz version
http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=axim-400
and the 300mhz version (just a little slower)
http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=axim-300

The 300mhz one was being sold at $130 but is now up to $150.  The 400mhz
version is still $199.  They keep going out of stock, but if you're interested,
sign up on the 'Alert Me' list because they keep getting more shipments of them.

- Rob

From: "Dan Eubanks" <deubanks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 17:00:07 -0500