[GeoStL] Re: Handheld PDA's

  • From: SSG Dru C Reeves <dru.reeves@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 21:33:02 -0500

-

I use Mobipocket because I am a Mac user and the programs you mention
are for Windows PC's only. Mac's do not do .exe files. This is the same
reason I use the Palm OS because unlike Pocket PC's, Palm is compatible
with the Mac OS. Sometimes things aren't always what they appear to be.
Mobipocket works for me because I do not spend day after day out
caching because of the 50+ hours I work every week and my Army Reserve
obligations not to mention my wife and four children. Be careful about
your choice of words in the future. I am far from crazy......

Dru

On Wednesday, May 14, 2003, at 11:07 AM, Jim Bensman wrote:

> -
>
> I could not disagree more on the Mobipocket Reader.  IMHO, you would be
> crazy to use Mobipocket.  I used to use it and I had nothing but
> trouble
> with it.  The method Bruce told us all about is 100 times better than
> Mobipocket.  It is a bit complicated to figure out (but not that hard).
> Once you get it all set up it takes about 5 mouse clicks to get the
> files
> loaded on your PDA.  The Plucker system is much faster than Mobipocket
> (i.e,
> it will find the cache page a lot faster).  Another great advantage is
> it
> has a link for the 4 nearest caches to the one you are at.  So when
> you go
> to the next cache, you just click the hyperlink.  With Mobipocket, you
> have
> to write in the cache ID and then search for it (which takes a while
> and
> sometimes search will not work!).
>
> One of the reasons why I like the Sonys is they have a high resolution
> screen.  Most PDAs have a 160 * 160 dpi screen.  The Sonys have a 320
> * 320
> dpi screen.  That means the screen is twice as sharp and you can see
> twice
> as much on the screen.  There is also a high resolution plucker reader
> that
> is much nicer than the standard plucker reader.  I highly recomend th
> Sony
> high resolution color which sells for about $200.
>
> Here is Bruce's message:

Subject field