[GeoStL] Re: GSAK rumor

  • From: Fourfeld@xxxxxxx
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 18:55:56 EST

-

Paul,
Below is the Email I received from Clyde.  Is this what you're talking about?

Mark

GSAK Version 7 has now been released - unfortunately version 7 is not a free
upgrade.

GSAK has now been out for around 3 years and every upgrade thus far has been
free to registered users. My standard reply when asked about updates was "GSAK
updates are CURRENTLY free and I plan to keep this policy for the foreseeable
future". This wording was also reflected when paying for GSAK on my web site
(though I have changed it slightly in recent times)

With the increase in the GSAK user base, administration tasks and user
support are becoming more demanding. There are ever increasing costs with each
release, so I guess I am saying the foreseeable future has past, and the
paradigm
of "free updates for ever" is just unrealistic.

However, updating to version 7 is NOT mandatory. If you are perfectly happy
with version 6 then you are fully entitled to stay with it.

Remember, your pre V7 registration of GSAK is good for life.  If you feel
that V7 is not worth the upgrade fee you can continue to use your current
version
at no extra cost.

For the new features included in V7 see http://gsak.net/help/hs1060.htm

For more information on upgrade pricing see
http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=3835&view=findpost&p=21942

To download version 7 see http://gsak.net/index.php

For your special discount price on version 7 see
http://gsak.net/upgrade.php?id=c404a5adbf90e09631678b13b05d9d7a

Cheers
Clyde