[GeoStL] Re: GSAK rumor

  • From: "GC-RGS" <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 12:22:13 -0600

-
Not getting into the GSAK good/bad controversy, or if Clyde is being fair,
but the term "Lifetime".

I've bought items that have "Limited lifetime warranty". If there is a
limit, why not say 5 year or 25 year?

Working on cars a lot over the years I would buy most of my parts from
AutoZone because they offer "Lifetime Guarantee" on must mechanical parts
(starters, engine internal parts, suspension, brakes, etc). What that means
to them is they will replace the part ONCE and then the lifetime warranty is
over. Still much better than a 90 day or 1 year, but still misleading think.