[GeoStL] Re: Extreme Geocaching

  • From: Mike Lusicic <lusicic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 23:08:52 -0500

- Well, with all this thought of Extreme, it reminds me of an incident that happened this summer that I just could not believe. I guess it could be an idea for dangerous and extreme caches too. Make a series of caches in the impact area of a firing range.

This summer during a live fire at a range, I noticed somebody walking out from behind the berm we were shooting into. After calling a cease fire, we got the guy and asked what in the world he was doing back there. He said he saw the sign that said Danger: Impact Area. Keep Out.  So he decided to walk back there to see what was so dangerous.

This guy was a candidate for a Darwin Award if I ever saw one. Hey. That could be the name of the cache / series. The Darwin Award Cache Series. Put all the danger and disclaimer stuff you want on there, and it will only spur these guys on to see what all the fuss was about.

Jack Anderson wrote:
Well I guess that just about ruins my next multi that I was in the process of doing.  I was planint on taking all of you cachers into the all of the former radioactive storage sites in the St. Louis area and over in Madison that the Corp of Engineers are trying to clean up.

The properties include the following sites:
The St. Louis Downtown Site, including Vicinity Properties.
The St. Louis Airport Site, including the SLAPS Vicinity Properties.
Hazelwood Interim Storage Site, including the Latty Avenue Vicinity Properties.
The Madison Site.

I was getting all my info from the reasearching the http://www.mvs.usace.army.mil/engr/fusrap/crp.pdf
page.  I would have had you people glowing.

big smilebig smilebig smilebig smilebig smilebig smilebig smilebig smilebig smilebig smilebig smilebig smilebig smile

Jack Konecker <jack.konecker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This is a link to a 'Subscriber Only'
cache.  You will need to be a premium
Geocaching.com member in order to
see the cache page.

Hope to never see one of
these in St. Louis.  Not sure
why someone would go through
the trouble or how groundspeak
would let one of these get
approved.

Psycho Urban Cache #9 - Hot Glowing Tribulations
A cache by Vinny & Sue Team
Hidden: 2/4/2006
Size:  (Regular)
Difficulty: *****      Terrain: *****
This is a subscriber-only cache.

DANGER! You MUST read
warnings/disclaimer and advisories
below! Do NOT attempt this cache
if you are not in excellent physical
shape, if you're afraid of getting wet,
dirty, darkness, or afraid of heights,
radiation, toxic chemical waste, asbestos,
confined spaces, spiders, snakes, rats,
mud, odors, pain or blood. Sophisticated
safety gear will be needed.

WARNING! THIS IS A HIGHLY DANGEROUS
CACHE TO SEEK! The True Difficulty/Terrain
Rating of This Cache is 10/10!