[GeoStL] Re: Extreme Geocaching

  • From: "RNX" <_rnx_@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 19:36:29 -0400

-
thanks for the clarification 8^)

------ Original Message ------
From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: Extreme Geocaching

-
That is generally the case. To trespassing signs  are generally the kiss
of death but sometimes they are old signs.   RGS and I had permission to
place caches on the old Packwood estate. The No Trespassing signs were
old ones and we had permission to ignore them.   In this case, the land
now belongs to the DNR and the old  signs are no longer valid and the
geocachers  have permission to be there.

If you were to place a cache out in the woods someplace that looked like
the back end of a county park and we came across a row of NO
TRESSPASSING signs that no one knew about,  you as the cache owner
didn't know about but we still had to pass to get to your cache, I would
say that the cache would be put on hold or archived  until the sign
issue could be sorted out.

Glenn

<http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=4c01eb97-9ee4-4b48-9674-54cdec26c777&wid=deb1fe4c-1f5f-4529-a986-c332841529da&ds=2>*