[GeoStL] Re: Extreme Geocaching

  • From: "tnsl" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 11:40:32 -0500

Loved Jim White.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mike Lusicic
  To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, July 23, 2007 10:55 AM
  Subject: [GeoStL] Re: Extreme Geocaching

  - It was a bunch of boy scouts shooting .22s. Nothing bigger at that range.
They didn't seem to have the same kind of problems at the muzzle loader range.
Part of the problem was that a fire road ran behind the range, and it just
looked like it was something that was OK to be on. I suggested that they put up
barriers and lots of yellow tape like you see at crime scenes across the road
along with the fence and signs. That seemed to do the trick.

  I guess if that didn't work the next step would be to put one of those body
outline things on the fire road to scare 'em off. Of if they were like that
guy, attract them in so they could see what happened. Who knows?

  Like Jim White used to say on the radio: You can't fix stupid.

  Gale R. Nie wrote:
    Just curious. What were you firing at the time?

    Gale