[GeoStL] Concerning Picnic Games

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cpbinder@xxxxxxxxxxx, geocaching <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 11:02:11 -0700 (PDT)

-
Chris,

I really like the idea of a scavenger hunt and here
are a couple of suggestions that might make it more
interesting.
1. Schedule it as an event that starts at a given time
so it would be on the picnic schedule.(Maybe twice if
people enjoy it)
2. Set a time limit of so many minutes.
3. Put objects in small caches ( such as painted
pennies, painted nuts or washers, specialty items )
and place them both close and far away.
4. Assign each item a value with the close ones being
worth less than the ones further away.
5. Total points of objects at the end of the time
limit would win a prize.

What makes this interesting would be to assign a time
limit in which NO ONE could get ALL objects thus
forcing a decision of going for the further away ones
and more points or picking up as many close ones and
less points as you can. Making some much harder to
find would also be a way to increase point values of
closer or maybe even some further away objects.

Other things to consider would be to place some boxes
out with only one or two or more objects in them so
that if 3 or more people went for the same object they
would waste time going after those points.

Possibly making the whole  hunt a cache to log with
maybe a second or even a third cache to log within the
game. Giving people incentive to play the game.

Great job with the games by the way and I am looking
forward to coming and being a part.

If I can get away early enough I would love to come
out and help set up some of the games and some of the
caches.

Dan (Thunder)

Subject field