[GeoStL] Re: Advice, suggestions, handouts - Caching with New Girl Scouts

  • From: Ashleigh Satterley <asatterley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 11:28:54 -0600

Council does have information about caching, but only if you plan on
caching at the camps.  For my troop, I set up at troop account and just
used the troop number for the name.  It was easy to sign in the log book.
But I also had each girl come with their own little item with the troop
number on it so they all "contributed" to the cache.  I suggest splitting
them into groups of only about 3-4 per team.  I found 3-4 caches in the
same area for each team, so they were in different parts of the park, but
didn't have to go far between caches, then they all get a chance to
navigate and find, but don't find it just because they were right behind
another team.  If you would like help, please let me know, I would be more
then happy too!!