[GeoStL] Re: [ARCHIVE] Re: Followup: Re: Bad Karma GCCB93 & Blue Monkey GCCB92

  • From: Square Pants <iwsp_geo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 19:22:05 -0700 (PDT)

I have attempted caches that have given me grief and left me with a bitter
taste after completing or failing to complete them.  I also wondered about the
appropriateness of these two caches.  I simply pushed the rock aside to extract
the cache and I did no harm whatsoever to the surrounding environment.  I read
your harrowing story and I do understand your concerns, but taking it upon
yourself to personally police the legalities is a bit much.  I don't care for
the fact that you admittedly trespassed on private land to attempt this
cache..that make us ALL look bad.  But, you don't hear me calling for
discipline for any of your legal / illegal actions.

Perhaps we should all just calm down and try to understand our mistakes, stop
pointing fingers, and come together as a community.  Some of these emails
appear to be hastily written in anger from BOTH sides.  Let us strive to
educate the proper process, and admit that perhaps we acted too quickly in what
we believed to be the correct manner.

Who was complaining how quiet the message list was a week or so ago?

I_Wear_Square_Pants

Stace King

 Make Yahoo! your home page