[GeoStL] Re: 2005 Midwest GeoBash

  • From: "Tim & Pam Ueltzen" <timpam2mocachers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 09:36:41 -0500

The insurance is $1500 +.

  _____

From: geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Glenn
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 9:19 AM
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: 2005 Midwest GeoBash

$$$ oh yea,  I remember. The state parks want something like a 2 mil
liability insurance policy covering the event participants.  I bet that
would set an event organizer back something like $1100- to $1500.00 just to
get started. Not to mention all the upfront costs for porta-potie rentals,
pens, lanyards, pins. truck loads of firewood and other event trinkets.
Even at a few dollars a piece it is a loosing proposition. Free? I guess the
the geobash folks can make it up in volume.

I always wondered at what point "a big camping get-together"  turns into "an
event needing insurance coverage. We have had picnics with 80 to perhaps 100
folks in the past. When RGS checked into forest park for the proposed
Geowoodstock-3 location,  I believe insurance became an insurance then too.

I wonder what school picnics do? Covered under the schools insurance I
guess.

At 08:43 AM 7/13/2005, Mike Griffin wrote:

They came up with the idea after MIGC. They wanted a laid back approach with
the same appeal. I really wanted to go but I have plans for this weekend. As
with Geowoodstock, it seems to be more attractive when it's free. We
couldn't do anything like this because our State Parks wants $$$$ for
insurance if we even have a picnic and call it geocaching.

Mike