[GeoStL] Re: 2005 Midwest GeoBash

  • From: Glenn <Glenn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 11:12:13 -0500

-
Ouch!!

I really have to commend the organizers of these large events like MOGA and the geobash for being willing to go out on a limb for all the up front costs in HOPES that somehow they will *maybe* get reimbursed.

In helping with the Long Distance motorcycle rallies, it was a constant fear that one of the participants would, say hit a school bus full of kids then the family of the rider and families of the injured kids would be going after us *personally* for all the damages, injuries ect. It was (is) a giant risk that many folks just don't care to take.

I can just imagine the hell that could be raised if a participant at moga fell off a bluff or something. What a mess it could be.

glenn

At 09:36 AM 7/13/2005, Tim & Pam Ueltzen wrote:

The insurance is $1500 +.