A Friday Message from the Principal

  • From: reker_d@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ganews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 10:46:05 -0400

This message was generated by the GA News mailing list, for members of Guardian
Angels School and Parish.

Dear GA Parents and Friends:

Greetings on this hot and steamy Friday.  It has been a very good week at
GA, and I would like to thank all of the families for their great support
of our Magazine Sale.  Our final total was $72,181.37, which is an average
of $96.63 per student.  We came to within 96% of our school goal, which was
$75,000.  However, we really did do better than last year due to the fact
that we have less students than last year.  Therefore, once again thank you
very much for your assistance in making this year's sale a great success!
The Magazine Sale is an important part of the school budget for the year,
and your support is greatly appreciated  Congratulations to the top three
sellers:  Joey Sjulin, Henry Heink and Kelly Braun!

This afternoon we are going to have a Pep Rally begininng around 1:25 pm,
if it doesn't rain.  On Sunday several of the GA football teams host IHM,
and there has always been a great rivalry between the two schools.  Thanks
much to the parents who decorated our hallways and our cafeteria for today!
It is always great to build school spirit and pride.

Next week is a relatively "quiet" week at school.  On Thursday we will be
having our Magazine Sale Prize Assembly.  The events planned are the Top
Sellers Awards, the Pig Race, the Candy Scramble, the Teachers' Drawings
and the Ninendo Drawing.  I'm especailly looking forward to the Pig Race.
The pigs snort, then wiggle and finally walk.  The children will enjoy
watching them race!

Friday is the mid point in the first quarter of school.  (Can you believe
that the school year is going by this quickly already!)  Interim Report
Cards will be sent home this week or next week.

_______________

A LITTLE ANGELIC WISDOM TO CARRY WITH YOU THROUGH THE DAY -- by Douglas
Pagels

"Each day brings with it the miracle of a new beginning.  Many of the
moments ahead will be marvelously disguised as ordinary days, but each one
of us has the chance to make something extraordinary out of them.

Remember that there is an enduring worth to every positive step you take,
that the good decisions you make will come back to bless you, and that your
angels will make sure that any clouds really do have a silver lining.

        Have an absolutely wonderful day today!
                Rise and shine...
        And keep on rising,
                And keep on shining."

Well, it is time for me to stop writing becayse it is time for me to go to
the cafeteia for duty.  Have a very nice weekend.

God's blessings,

David Reker
Principal
(without the quotes).