[gameprogrammer] Re: crunch time

  • From: "Casey O'Donnell" <caseyodonnell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 19:55:54 -0400

So strange to see this resurfacing right now, as my dissertation
focuses a great deal on these issues. It will be creative commons
licensed, so I'll post it after my defense. But I'd also recommend:

http://www.gamesetwatch.com/2007/06/game_developer_revisits_ea_spouse.php

The answer is, not much has changed since 2004 when this issue got a
lot of attention. Except that people do recognize that crunch is bad
and needs to be dealt with. How hasn't really been figured out yet.

Best and good luck.

Casey

--
Casey O'Donnell