[gameprogrammer] Re: Linux C++ compiler without a makefile

  • From: Gregg Bolinger <gdboling@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 23:52:37 -0500

g++ doesn't require a makefile or any config files.  Why would you
think it does?  In fact, I don't know of ANY C++ compiler that
REQUIRES a makefile or any config file.  All a makefile does it
automate what you would do by hand with the compiler anyway.

Gregg

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 21:32:45 -0700, Kevin Jenkins
<gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm looking for a linux C++ compiler that does not require me to edit
> any configuration files, especially makefiles.  Is there such a thing?

Gregg Bolinger