[gameprogrammer] Re: Is it possible....

  • From: "Peter M." <plm@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 15:25:09 -0800

Neat! What version(s) of Symbian do you use? Is your software Java or C++? To play any of the games, do you have to have a special marker in the camera's field of view, or can they be played anywhere?

Miranda wrote:

Hi,
this is my first post! So hi everyone!

I am currently working on projects that use the mobile
phones camera to do tracking and things like this. We
recently showcased some of our work in an exhibition.
Check it out
http://www.acmi.net.au/games_point_tilt.jsp

We use Nokia Series 60 phones with Symbian OS as the
sdk is free and Nokia has a lot of useful
documentation. The software we have developed works on
a "normal" phone, so its purely software, no new
hardware invlolved.

Feel free to ask me any questions!