[gameprogrammer] Re: Gift Tech

  • From: grant hallman <unilogic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 01:29:04 -0500

At 01:50 AM 28-12-04 +0530, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Well dont know how it works in your coutry/city. But telephone service
>provides an alarm clock setting facility. You can dial a number and set a
>time to give me a ring. There are lot of options like setting it for same
>time everyday etc. So no need of cell phones or a computer. Surely everyone
>has a telephone ;).

Just one problem: i get telemarketing calls at any and all hours. If i want
to sleep, i have to turn the ringer off and let it take messages.

>But surely you could get a digital watch which allows
>you to do that ?

That's what i'd think. But even with a calculator watch that has a numeric
keypad, no, u still have to press a button and increment the minutes.
Unless u know of one that doesn't?

cheers - grant

> But I prefer the analog alarm clocks. All you have to do is
>turn the knob to set an alarm - so much simpler than punching buttons which
>I am unable to see lol. And nowadays these clocks also ring at least 5-6
>times on intervals of 5 mins. And they are cheap too.
>

>Gautam

>>To: gameprogrammer digest users <ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>Subject: gameprogrammer Digest V1 #200
>>Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 02:13:18 -0500 (EST)
>>
>>gameprogrammer Digest Sun, 26 Dec 2004        Volume: 01  Issue: 200
>>
>>In This Issue:
>>              [gameprogrammer] Re: Gift Tech!
>>              [gameprogrammer] Re: Gift Tech!
>>              [gameprogrammer] Re: Gift Tech!

>>Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 04:24:23 -0500
>>From: grant hallman <unilogic@xxxxxxxxx>
>>Subject: [gameprogrammer] Re: Gift Tech!
>>
>>At 07:52 PM 24-12-04 -0600, you wrote:
>> >
>> >So.... what is the coolest tech gift or game you ever got?
>>
>>U know this question is unfair to us old guys, coz Santa didn't have much
>>to choose from in the old days ;) - but i'd have to go with the
>>"Chronomath" i got in 1979. It was sold by Radio Shack, built by Casio,
>>about the size of a modern cell phone. It had a 1-line vacuum fluorescent
>>display, and did basic clock, calendar and calculator jobs. It had 4
>>separate, independent alarms. It integrated time and math functions better
>>than anything i've seen since.
>>
>>Gor a calculator watch or clock? Try this simple test: Your alarm is set
>>for 07:30, but tomorrow u want to get up 5 minutes earlier. Even tho your
>>alarm clock/calculator has a full numeric keypad, u will still be forced to
>>set a "set alarm" mode, then hold down a button for "minute" and press some
>>"set" button **55**times**, to roll around from 07:30 to 07:25. For some
>>reason i've never understood, no device(*) i've seen in the last 20 years
>>that costs under $50, will let u key in a 7, a 2 and a 5 to set 7:25, even
>>when the numeric keys are right there.
>>
>>(*) Actual cell phones and PDA's are an exception, but i refuse to buy a
>>whole extra cell phone or computer i don't need, just to use it for an
>>alarm clock. What i want, should cost $10 or $20. If anyone knows of such a
>>device - alarm clock with times settable from a numeric pad, please tell
>>me! My Chronomath has a flakey switch, i can't get parts. So sad! ;)
>>
>>Happy Holidays - grant :)

>Citibank Suvidha account at No Minimum Balance!
>http://creative.mediaturf.net/creatives/suvidha/suvidha_hmtagoffline_dec04.
htm