[gameprogrammer] Re: 3d multiplayer game

  • From: "DARKGuy ." <dark.guy.2008@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 10:32:23 -0400

What you display isn't the main issue, but the data you send and receive.
Start with a basic, nice chat server/client. Once you get the hang of it you
can make a basic multiplayer game by sending & receiving commands in ASCII,
say "MOVE 129,98" and so on, and then you move into binary and there you go,
the multiplayer code. The visual stuff isn't a big issue if you want to go
multiplayer and don't even know how to do a simple chat server/client.