[gameprogrammer] Re: 3D objects...

  • From: "Roger D. Vargas" <roger@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Game programmer list <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 08:07:30 -0400

El jue, 22-07-2004 a las 23:18, Jason Clark escribió:
> So I decided that for my game I want to make use of the power of the
> graphics cards and use 3D objects.  Because of the view I can get away
> with some seriously low poly counts, so I thought I'd take a whack at
> creating my own graphics. I picked up Milkshape 3D and with the
> tutorials I've found, I realized that it will be pretty easy to create a
> couple low-tech models. Question is, what format to export them as?
> There are so many, and the 3D engine I was checking out supports all of
> them (or has an import tool), so the question is...
>
> For any who have had experience, what format is best, fastest, easiest,
> or smallest?
I managed to adapt a 3ds loader in a couple of days and have it working.
But if you want keyframe animation you have to buy gametutorials CD. I
havent found any full 3ds loader.
But if you are going to use milkshape, better try to load ms3d files, i
think the format is better documented, and supports skeletal animation.
Another good format is .X

--
Roger Durañona Vargas
Linux user #180787