[fsf60k] Re: fsf60k Digest V3 #87

  • From: Willenguys@xxxxxxx
  • To: fsf60k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 06:37:12 EDT

Next Thursday night is Yom Kippur, Millie

In a message dated 10/2/2008 2:05:38 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
FSF60K@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

fsf60k  Digest    Wed, 01 Oct 2008    Volume: 03  Issue:  087

In This Issue:
[fsf60k] meeting  change
[fsf60k] Oct 2  meeting

Date:  Wed, 01 Oct 2008 09:47:41 -0400
From: Peter White  <pedro831@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [fsf60k] meeting  change

Hello All. I am sorry to have to change our meeting date. I did  not look at
the school calendar, which shows that Thurs. night Oct. 2 is  Open
School/Parent Night and the building will be unavailable. I will check  with
Dick and the school for an alternate date and then send out another  message.
Sorry for my slip here.  PWHite

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008  00:07:08 -0400
From: "George Pardo" <pardo123@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject:  [fsf60k] Oct 2 meeting

Sorry gang, can't make the Oct 2 meeting.   I will have to read the minutes.
Pete and or Dick perhaps you can update  the group on where we are with the
solar water pump for Nuevo  Amanecer.  Mike Cipolertti has received a "how
to" make coal from corn  cobs and refuse sugar cane.  He was invited to a
demo at MIT.   Jerry the Biointensive project instructor will be studying
Forestry in  Spain for the next 8 months but has left another Agricultural
Engineer to  take his place in the interim.  The 5 participants in the
Biointensive  project within the next 2 weeks will have 10 @ 5' x 20'
communal planting  beds cultivated.  Soon they will be starting their
individual gardens  in their back yards.  I see solid progress not only in
knoledge but in  empowerment.  I am looking into a gravity fed drip
irrigation system  (a bucket placed 3' foot high with the proper hoses).
Someone actually  markets such an item.  That's it for now.  Good luck with
the  planning for the fundraising event.  I will touch base with Pete  and
Dick to get the particulars.
Hasta  Luego,
George

End of  fsf60k Digest V3  #87