[fsf60k] Oct 2 meeting

  • From: "George Pardo" <pardo123@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsf60k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 00:07:08 -0400

Sorry gang, can't make the Oct 2 meeting.  I will have to read the minutes.
Pete and or Dick perhaps you can update the group on where we are with the
solar water pump for Nuevo Amanecer.  Mike Cipolertti has received a "how
to" make coal from corn cobs and refuse sugar cane.  He was invited to a
demo at MIT.  Jerry the Biointensive project instructor will be studying
Forestry in Spain for the next 8 months but has left another Agricultural
Engineer to take his place in the interim.  The 5 participants in the
Biointensive project within the next 2 weeks will have 10 @ 5' x 20'
communal planting beds cultivated.  Soon they will be starting their
individual gardens in their back yards.  I see solid progress not only in
knoledge but in empowerment.  I am looking into a gravity fed drip
irrigation system (a bucket placed 3' foot high with the proper hoses).
Someone actually markets such an item.  That's it for now.  Good luck with
the planning for the fundraising event.  I will touch base with Pete and
Dick to get the particulars.

Hasta Luego,
George