[fsf60k] Buena suerte and breakdown of funds deposited into your acct for this Nica Trip, 6/17

  • From: Peter White <pedro831@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: michael cipoletti <ikecip@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 15:46:24 -0400

Hola Miguel. I went to your bank today and deposited $ 1129 into your
account. Here's the breakdown:

$ 50 (Nello)
$ 50  (Foeppel)
$ 20 (Nello)
$ 25 (Haber)
$ 145 total. These checks are what we said were checks to Friends for you to
place where the donors want, etc.

$ 150  (Beca for Christian Reyes. Note attached said "Here's the scholarship
money for Christian. Stay focused." I can't read who signed it.)

$39  La Isla water money. This is an old check but thought I'd get it to you
now to put to use.

Total so far: $334.

Then there is an additional $620 which is from the Msgr. Clarke School in RI
where I/you/Rosa gave the presentations to the 6th - 8th graders. They
raised this sum, which was about twice what they usually raise from their
spring event. I gave them many suggestions about how they could best use the
money, and they decided on adding to the emergency NA water fund. You said
you had enough for about 6 weeks of water. So this should bring that to more
than 11 weeks. Maybe longer if the cistern project works well. Hope so.
(Karen, I'll be sending your students a separate letter. When does school
end for them?).

Then there is $ 175 from Friends  to get some assistance to you for the
trucking around you do for the projects there. I waited until Dick got back
last week so he could be part of the decision. We hope that is sufficient,
and that you're not going too deeply out of pocket to do our work.

So totals are:

$ 334  Nica Checks
$ 620    Msgr. Clarke students
$ 175  Assistance from Friends
_______
$1129

Again, have a great trip and be all ears at your upcoming Comedor school
visits. Of special concern to me/us trying to put together some CE/Nutrition
grant applic. is the following:
If some schools are thriving, doing well, what's the difference between them
and the ones that are doing poorly? What, specifically, would the people
involved in the CE like to have, have more of, etc., in order to make their
school's CE's work better? things like Irrigation, tractor, seed, tools,
whatever they truly believe would be of help in getting things to work
better, increase the yields, feed the children. This assumes the sustainable
model. Not just gimme, gimme, gimme over and over again. Remember our
thoughts that "Nothing should be offered for free, whether its a dime, or a
chicken, or some time, so they feel they actually own the program." So its
not what they'd like as a handout, but what would they like for "them" to do
"their" job better. I hope others on this email can send you their questions
too about the CE visits you're about to make. Good luck. Talk with you on
the email while you're down there. PW