[fsf60k] Re: CE leadership

  • From: michael cipoletti <ikecip@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Peter White <pedro831@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 17:29:50 -0400

i think that bringing a consultant on is a good idea but i do not know if
juliana would be the right person.
while she has experience she does not live in Chac. anymore and we should be
looking within the community for this person.
i will go to see her and talk to her about the situation and see what advice if
any she can offer.
it was great to be at the meeting and i will try to make another meeting within
the next couple months
mc
On Jun 4, 2010, at 11:07 AM, Peter White wrote:

> Miguel, Thanks for coming to the meeting last night and filling everyone in
> on the latest ups and downs with water, CE and other topics. I made notes,
> and in Dick's absence will try to offer something in the  way of the minutes
> he usually provides. I'll do this later maybe over the weekend. One or two
> quick to follow up with about the leadership problem with the Comedor
> Escolar Commission:
> I suggested someone "like" Juliana because there are good, hardworking,
> honest, successful, bright people there who have shown that this can
> succeed. She, among others I'm sure, has proven that this whole
> project/experiment in poor people feeding their children if given some means
> to do so can work. If she is unavailable or reluctant to be a consultant or
> an added member of the CEC , then maybe at least a good, honest chat with
> her for guidance and insight would help. Who cares what Acencion might
> think. He left. We must look at the larger good also. If she can't help
> directly, Maybe she can recommend another such good person with business
> savvy and honesty who needs work who could replace, or be added to the
> present CE commission. Or maybe she would like to come aboard as consultant
> temporarily for a few months. I can offer my $200 to begin a stipend for her
> time and involvment. If the current CE Commission balks at such a  move,
> then there would be the facts to confront them with (stuff I suppose you'll
> learn in later June from the school by school analysis), that some CE's work
> well, but not all and that there is need for improvement/change. Also, We
> all know the value of Conchita, and it hurt to learn that they don't treat
> her with the respect we do and that she deserves. If Students is paying her
> stipend, and your groups and Shari's and others adds to that when they go,
> then "She is your/our rep." She is our eyes on the ground when we're not
> there. She is more than an extension of the club/other groups, but she is
> part of them. so to disrespect her is to disrespect the club and the rest of
> us who are involved. I would insist on them treating her as the valued
> person she is, and nothing less. Just two quick points I didn't get to say
> last night. Mas luego. PW

***
You can unsubscribe from this list by sending an email to
fsf60k-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the subject field.
An archive of messages is available at //www.freelists.org/archives/fsf60k.
FAQ'are available at //www.freelists.org/help/faq.html***