[fruityloops] Re: Whats new?

  • From: Andrew Ebling <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 12 Jul 2002 09:22:55 +0100

On Fri, 2002-07-12 at 09:03, ian byrne wrote:

> well. aint it lucky for some ?
>
> talk about bad timing, ive been away from home now for the last 2 nights but
> return tonite, i cant wait to get stuck into the new version, ts404 piano
> roll n all.

Well fortunately I still managed to get a few minutes to play after the
in-laws left after dinner last night.  Managed to convert one of the
songs that I did in 3.40 over to 3.55, this took a bit of work as it
made heavy use of the ts404 which has changed quite a bit in 3.55.

> what do you consider most usefull / improvement in the new release ?

wow, too many to list here.  The ones that stick in my mind right now:

- improvements in the piano roll etc, especially groove quantise. (I
think the piano roll has been the most lacking part of fruityloops up
till now).

- the new distortion plugin, good for adding a bit of crunch to
otherwise clinical sounds.  The blood overdrive was good for really
"going to town" on distorting the *&$# out of a synth line, but not so
good for subtle distortion with a good tone.

- drumsynth live will revolutionise my drum programming when that
regcode eventually arrives.

- small things like the record count in and step mode will help make
looping sessions a bit more hassle free.

The speech engine is kinda cool, but I don't think I'll use it much;
worried about it making my music sound like "yet another fruity track".
Used in moderation and with a bit of creativity it should be ok but the
temptation is to over use it or to be thoroughly unoriginal with it.

So which other features are people falling in love with/becoming
immediately indispensible?

Andy

Visit our website at http://tao-group.com/