[fruityloops] Re: Sounds keeps speeding up

  • From: "Andrew Ebling" <andyebling@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 13:06:33 +0100

> > Just upgraded to FL studio and am stuck on the following:
> >
> >  1/ how do I use the wave editor?
> >
> > Not essential as I use sound forge but it would be nice to tweak samples
> on
> > the fly without having to open other programs. When I try to edit or
> > audition a sample is says file format not supported, check Compatibility
> > ?? How and where do I do this? (The samples are playing through the step
> > sequencer so I don't think its a sample rate error)
>
> This sounds like a sound card device setup problem in the wave editor.
I've
> just checked and am having the same problem here!  It certainly used to
> work, but I've recently re-installed my system from scratch... dunno what
> has changed tho.

OK, I have just got it working on my system by unchecking the "do not map
through this device" in the Audiophile device driver properties in windows
device mangler.

I originally set this up as a tweak as recommded by http://www.musicxp.net
you can get the full run down on how to change it at that site btw.

hope that helps,

Andy