[frgeek-michiana] Re: New lab shopping list

  • From: "Rick L. Tribble" <rtribble@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 23:33:29 -0500

Don't we have some LCD/Built-in computers in a Gaylord somewhere?  I'm
not sure what the advantage that 17" LCD's have over 15" in a classroom.
I understand that the LCD's mean that there is more room on the table.

Actually, the last class I took at Productivity Point/Signal Learning
they still had CRT's and that worked fine.  Using the piles of stuff
that we actually have might make sense.

Actually, the desks/tables at PPoint were laid out like this

SM   IDM   SM   SM IDM  SM

SM is student monitor
IDM is Instructor Display monitor.

They used some kind of VGA splitter thing so that we could see what the
instructor was doing.  He had a switch so that he could play solitaire
without us seeing.

We have an account at Graybar,  might get better prices that a new cash
only account.

Rick