[frgeek-michiana] Re: New FGM warehouse space

  • From: Richard Zimmerman <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 11:39:33 -0500

I shouldn't have a problem being there next Tuesday. Do i need to bring any tools along?

Goose

Tom Brown wrote:

Jim Betz, partner in River Bend Hose Specialty, took me for a tour of our new warehouse space last Friday. The RBHS lease is currently on the southwest end of the Studebaker Commerce Center building. The new lease is on the northwest or north-central side.

RBHS will begin to relocate this month, and we will move first. Next week lab will meet at the church then we'll drive to the warehouse to install pallet racks and move our material.

Our space is compact but will be efficiently utilized by the pallet racks. Two enclosed rooms are part of our new space. We can light, heat or air condition the rooms as we like and work year around in the warehouse. Probably all the testing and much, if not all, the refurbishing can be done at the warehouse; this will lessen our physical impact on the church.

Another advantage is our space is next to the receiving area. We can more quickly off-load and store material coming in.

There are a few drawbacks. The layout of the space will place the hoses which RBHS manufactures within feet of our space and will limit access to and by the forklift at times. So we will need to plan our delivery and production work around RBHS' production schedule. We also need to obtain a manual pallet truck/jack to use when the forklift is inaccessible. If the production manager at RBHS doesn't like our setup, he has the power to change it.

Richard "Goose" Zimmerman
Safety Assistant / IT Guru
K&B Transport, Inc. - Elkhart, IN
(574) 389-1986 (574) 389-8527 Fax
(800) 548-2718 (574) 850-5764 Cell

begin:vcard
fn:Richard Zimmerman
n:Zimmerman;Richard
org:K&B Transport Inc
adr;dom:;;57510 CR 3 South;Elkhart;Indiana;46517-9798
email;internet:richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Safety Assistant / IT Guru
tel;work:(574) 389-1986
tel;fax:(574) 389-8527