[frgeek-michiana] Re: Minutes of FGMLUG Meetings - 09/05/2009

  • From: Richard Zimmerman <csxt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 21:19:58 -0400

Wireless is NOT an issue in the library. We simply need to take an old WAP (Wireless Access Point) and plug it into the hub being used in the meeting room. Set it to accept an DHCP address and we can either secure it for our use only or leave it open to help others out.

IIRC Phil has two of them that I need to address, I've still got the one at work on 'loan' to them, I can recall it and set it up for library use...

Just a thought...

Goose

Mike Cook wrote:
I'm sorry I didn't make it to the meeting. I had a last minute crisis Saturday morning.

Hubs or switches seem like a good solution. One advantage would be if we wanted to demo setting up networking with Linux we would have all the hardware available. I like meeting at the library as it is a public venue, on a bus route, and most everyone knows where it is. Not so good for wireless though ....

Mike

--
Richard "Goose" Zimmerman, ke4rit
Mishawaka, IN