[frgeek-michiana] Re: Minutes of FGMLUG Meetings - 09/05/2009

  • From: Mike Cook <mikecook@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2009 17:48:11 -0400

I'm sorry I didn't make it to the meeting. I had a last minute crisis Saturday morning.

Hubs or switches seem like a good solution. One advantage would be if we wanted to demo setting up networking with Linux we would have all the hardware available. I like meeting at the library as it is a public venue, on a bus route, and most everyone knows where it is. Not so good for wireless though ....

Mike

Fr. Robert Bower wrote:
If anyone finds any mistakes, please let me know.

Minutes FGMLUG 09/05/2009

Present:  Tom, Fr. Robert and Christine.

The library wireless was not functioning properly only one access point
would even assign an ip address but it would not allow Internet access.
Access was obtainable through the library's Ethernet connection.

The meeting focus was solving the wireless issues in the meeting rooms. It appears after some investigation that the library wireless routers have DNS issues that from the user end can not be solved.

The group is open to possibly finding another location for the LUG meetings. Since at this time we have not found another location we plan on setting up Ethernet hubs in the library meeting rooms and have users connect to the library Ethernet connections in the meeting rooms through the hubs.

The next FGMLUG is scheduled for September 23, 2009 from 6pm - 7:30pm at
the Main Library in the Molloy Conference Room.