[frgeek-michiana] Re: Minutes of FGMLUG Meetings - 09/05/2009

  • From: Richard Zimmerman <csxt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 13:44:43 -0400

For kicks and giggles last night...

I 'reset' the MPD (Multiple Personality Disorder) flashed D-Link (in a Linksys shell) WAP last niight. I plugged it into my internal lan (Which DD-WRT dishes DHCP for). While I never saw it's mac address in DD-WRT it DID allow my laptop to connect to the Internet through it.

I'm having car problems again, now a silly $3 hose decided to shut the car down, Pending getting that fixed quickly, and the Internet still being available at the warehouse, I'll connect it there and see if I get the same result.

Goose

Tom Brown wrote:
Having reread Goose's post, I'm not so sure he is not correct. If our WAP dishes dhcp from our wired hub, it might work. The key is the wired hub whether wired or wireless.

Richard "Goose" Zimmerman, ke4rit
Mishawaka, IN