[frgeek-michiana] Re: GooseLab Troubleshooting....

  • From: Richard Zimmerman <ke4rit@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 21:47:02 -0400

Re-read what I wrore... Let me answer some more things...

Richard Zimmerman wrote:
Also, FYI - Ethereal is no longer Ethereal.. It's now called Wireshark (http://www.wireshark.org/) I'd remember reading soehing about a name change to do a trademark or something like that...

Wireshark didn't log anything... Of course not, the switch was the problem, not the nics. Although Wireshark (old Ehtereal) looks real nice... Want to impress some non-geek, have Wireshark running when they come over...

Also, any recomendations on a low resource computer (low power consumption, etc.)? It must be able to run Apache, Postgresql, and tcl. I'm seriously looking at powering off the Dell Poweredge 2500 and going green with a low power computer once the volunteer database moves to the colo or warehouse machine.

In moving stuff around today I placed the Cable modem, DSL/Router, lcd monitor and the KVM wal wart on the 650va ups and everything else goes onto reg 110 volt. The Dell poweredge 2500 requires a minimum of a 1000va ups with a 1500va prefered. Once the volunteer database moves I only have my emwin stuff running and it does not need a big horsepower box like this.

I'm thinking one of those ITX based computers or smaller, probably a 1g cpu and 256mb would probably do me plenty good.

  Any suggestions?

  Thanks....

  Goose