[frgeek-michiana] GooseLab Troubleshooting....

  • From: Richard Zimmerman <csxt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Free Geek Michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 16:05:33 -0400

Looks like I got part of the problem solved....

My place is a complete mess right now.. I've got equipment EVERY WHERE!!!!

Oh yeah, while I'm trying NOT to kill myself or destroy the rest of my back, the network failure???????

An old D-Link DSS-5+ 10/100 switch... I appears it's lost it's mind.... Anything plugged into it simply does not work....

Also, FYI - Ethereal is no longer Ethereal.. It's now called Wireshark (http://www.wireshark.org/) I'd remember reading soehing about a name change to do a trademark or something like that...

Now to start reverse testing everything else.... Hopefully by Monday night I'll have the Volunteer database back online. I've got several backup tapes from the Intellistation so if the drive completely dies, not an issue I should be able to recover from one of the backup tapes...

Richard