[frgeek-michiana] Re: Fans on Compaq Evo N600C

  • From: Phil Goldbach <shadowvar8541@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 20:52:18 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, I do have the latest BIOS.

Phil Goldbach

"Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades."

From: Mike Cook <mikecook@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, June 4, 2009, 3:13 PM

Did you go to Compaq's website and download all of the Windows drivers for the
Evo? One of them is likely to be required to get the fan working properly. I
would recommend installing them all unless you know you don't need them.
Laptops can be fickle beasts, particularly the older ones.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=316673&task=softwareCategory〈=en&cc=us

Mike