[frgeek-michiana] Fans on Compaq Evo N600C

  • From: Mike Cook <mikecook@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 11:18:37 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

-----Original Message-----

<snip>

>btw, at the web-dev meeting tonight Imre said that his HP/Compaq Evo laptop
>fan works with Puppy Linux. So the chipset is either supported in the Linux
>kernel in spite of our failed efforts to find the support module, or someone
>in the Puppy community wrote a support driver or utility.
>
>Tom

I know the fan works with Puppy 4.1.2 (kernel 2.6.25.16). I'm not sure if the
fan runs at high speed as I've never had it get hot enough to kick in.

I still haven't found any mention of a workaround in the forums. It may be a
compile option in the kernel.

What Puppy version is Imre running?

Mike
Mike