[frgeek-michiana] Re: Existing South Bend community tech center

  • From: Richard Zimmerman <ke4rit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 21:00:11 -0500

> I gave Steve the 15-second executive summary of FreeGeek. I asked to
> visit their labs and invited their staff to visit our demo lab. Steve
> said he is eager to work with us in "any way" he can. He asked me to
> follow up next week.
> Hhmm...grant writer...three labs...
> Tom

    Yes I do exist and I'm not dead.... <G>

   Wow! Talk about hitting a jackpot! I'm going to have a lot of
coding to do for the database I support but I'm still going to make sure
I've got time for Free Geek Michiana! Fortunately, the coding is for new
stuff not previously covered by the previous owner so I've got the
flexability of time in getting it complete.

   Mike has got a good question about the lab Thursday... Are we
meeting? If so, do I need to bring the 5 monitors you previously
mentioned? If so I can get them loading before Thursday.

   This week I'm going to get that firewall box going. I have not
decided what distro (read product) I'm going to use for it but I'll
know by Thursday. Maybe with some luck I'll have enough time to get it
running and can bring it in to show off...

   Goose

at <//www.freelists.org/webpage/frgeek-michiana>