[Fundraisers Forum] Re: percentages as salary

  • From: soosim <ajdraiman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 15:30:51 +0300

i still think there are issues even if the arrangement is known up front.

for example....it reminds me of a real estate agent (who works on a
percentage, as pointed out by the authors of freakonomics)

if you are working on a percentage - say it is 10%, but any number works
the same:

a donor says s/he will give $20,000 - you will get $2,000. done.

but, if you are working on salary, maybe you will work harder with the
donor, and in the end, the donor will give $25,000. (but as a percentage
earner, you would get $2500.)

the question arises then, how much work would you put in to maybe get
another $500, knowing that right now you already have $2000 in your pocket.
most would rather work on the next $20,000 donor and put the time in so
that they can earn another $2000. (and not waste time for a 'mere' $500).

arnie

--
arnie draiman
050-515-6776
www.draimanconsulting.com

RANKED #1 ON GOOGLE:  Arnie's Tzedakah Adventures
http://www.draimanconsulting.com/draiman_tzedakah_adventures.html

Member, GuideStar's User Advisory Panel
http://www.guidestar.org/rxg/about-us/user-advisory-panel.aspx

Are you giving your money away properly? Be careful:
http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Op-EdContributors/Article.aspx?id=295713

JPEG image

PNG image

PNG image