[freeroleplay] Re: Why we like free content?

  • From: Ricardo Gladwell <president@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 16:45:02 +0100

Samuel Penn wrote:

The other thing I have done (which is probably dodgy on the legal
side), is download PDFs of the maps for a certain big d20 dungeon
crawl when I was running it. Minor editing of the maps enabled me
to give handouts to the players, which I couldn't have done with
the basic printed maps (hiding secret doors, and masking out all the
bits of each maps the player's hadn't found yet). Technically this
should be covered under Fair Use.

Free content handouts: good suggestion, I'll add it! :)

IANAL, but I'm not sure if Fair Use actually applies in the UK. However, I would think that, since you were making your copies for your own private use, you were perfectly within your rights.

Kind regards...

--
Ricardo Gladwell
President, Free RPG Community