[freeroleplay] Re: Traveller

  • From: "Samuel Penn" <sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 12:55:42 +0100 (BST)

Ricardo Gladwell said:
> Samuel Penn wrote:

>> Anyone know of any Free Java based world generation software?
>
> Sorry, not of the top of my head. Something else to add to our TODO list

I think I'm going to start on something this weekend, probably
using Mapcraft as a base. It won't be as pretty as some of the
images available for Celestia, but I need to be able to generate
a large number of unique planets, so I'm probably limited to
reasonably low resolution.

If I can generate a low res world map, it should be possible
to extend it to higher res continent maps, which would be
useful for fantasy as well.

Needless to say, Yags is somewhat on hold at the moment :-(

--
Sam.                                http://www.glendale.org.uk