[freeroleplay] Traveller

  • From: Samuel Penn <sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 22:46:52 +0100

I've been getting the SF bug recently (partly due to reading
Absolution Gap - an excellent book by Alistair Reynolds), and
I've been thinking a bit about doing some Traveller.

I've also been playing around with Celestia (if you haven't
seen it, and are interested in SF/Astronomy, it's worth having
a look at).

So I've decided to combine the two:

http://www.glendale.org.uk/traveller/index.html

Basically, taking the Traveller star system data and sticking
it into a 3D universe. The next bit is to add support for
planets, which means writing some planetary generation stuff
and converting that to Celestia format.

If people are interested, I can let you know as things become
available. I don't intend this as a Traveller specific resource,
but something capable of generating reasonably detailed generic
star systems, that can use Traveller data files as a source if
the user wants to.

--
Be seeing you,                             http://www.glendale.org.uk/
Sam.                                    jabber: samuel.penn@xxxxxxxxxx