[freeroleplay] Re: Techniques

  • From: Ricardo Gladwell <president@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FRPGC <freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 12:41:25 +0100

Hi Sam,

Great work on the Techniques concept. It's an interesting idea: you've
created a distinction between a skill (knowledge) and technique (what
you can actually do with a skill). Its an especially nice touch that
special groups have access to new techniques... perhaps this could work
out to be the YAGS equivalent of prestige classes, except more flexible?

I notice that at the moment there seem to only be combat techniques and
'magic', bard techniques. I'd be interested in examples of non-combat,
non-magical techniques. For example, what sort of techniques would you
have for, say, Charm or Heraldry?

Kind regards...

--
Ricardo Gladwell