[freeroleplay] Re: Site Updates

  • From: Samuel Penn <sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 15:52:16 +0000

On Tuesday 07 December 2004 12:10, Ricardo Gladwell wrote:
> If anyone has any ideas about what they would like to see on the FRPGC
> site please let me know. Or, if you like the existing site just the way
> it is let me know why.

Actually, something which might be nice is campaign journals. I
haven't quite figured out the best way to do it myself, and I'm
currently using a forum (phpBB), though the interface isn't
entirely suited to the idea (I've had to hack phpBB to show topics
in original post order, rather than last post order, so that
journals are listed chronologically).

I basically use it to remind everyone what has gone on before,
and so that people who have missed a session (happens all too
frequently) can read up on what happened.

Does anyone else do anything like this, and if so, what mechanism
do they use to keep track of sessions?

Ideally, it'd need to keep track of campaign time as well as
real world time. Though the former could be noted as free text,
some events may happen out of order, especially if there are
multiple groups in the same world, or a group has split
temporarily.

--
Be seeing you,                             http://www.glendale.org.uk/
Sam.                                    jabber: samuel.penn@xxxxxxxxxx