[freeroleplay] [Licensing] GPL 3

  • From: Ricardo Gladwell <president@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Free Roleplaying Community <freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 16:47:15 +0000

Dear All,

According to slashdot:

http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/12/23/161226

RMS is preparing a new version of the GPL. The full story is included here:

http://news.com.com/Sprucing+up+open+sources+GPL+foundation/2100-7344_3-5501561.html

Apparently, it clears up the language and makes some modifications for
patents. It will also be modified to make the GPL more compatible with
other licenses (the FDL?). No mention of modifying the vague "preferred
modification" clause, unfortunately. Perhaps we could petition the FSF
for just such a modification?

P.S. I will start marking licensing postings on this list with the
keyword "[Licensing]" so that people who are uninterested in license
discussions can filter them out through their mail client.

--
Ricardo Gladwell
President, Free Roleplaying Community